Welcome to the Financial and Grants Management Resources homepage. This page provides an index to all Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) financial and grants management related resources found on, or referenced by, the National Service Knowledge Network. The index was created to help potential and actual CNCS grantees and subgrantees, as well as CNCS staff and others, locate current resources.
The index includes: training materials, online courses, webinars, tools, forms, examples, guidelines, effective practices, policies, procedures, and links to selected CNCS policies, procedures, guidelines, award provisions, rules, and regulations.
For ease of reference and to facilitate quicker access, resources have been placed under one or more of the following five categories:
- Resource Types
- Grantee Organizational Policies, Procedures, and Other Matters
- Grants Management
- Funds Management
- Click here to view CNCS forms
(Note: these categories are not necessarily mutually exclusive and some subject materials may be found under one or more categories).
Resources may be accessed by topic or by type of resource. Only those resources issued by CNCS have been reviewed and approved by CNCS. All other resources have been developed or issued by MBI Consulting or others and while intended as helpful assistance or guidance they are not official CNCS issuances, policies, or procedures.
Suggestions for changes, corrections, additions, or deletions to this index or to any of the resources themselves are encouraged, and should be addressed to Brad Lewis at: email@example.com or 202-606-6898
This index was developed by MBI Consulting, the CNCS training and technical assistance provider for financial and grants management with the assistance of ETR Associates, which administers the National Service Knowledge Network, as the CNCS knowledge management training and technical assistance provider.
- Overview – CNCS, Financial & Grants Management
- eCourses, Webinars
- Effective Practices
- Financial and Grants Management Institute (most recent institute materials)
- Acronyms, Glossary, Regulations, Internet Resources, etc.
- Sample Forms, Worksheets, Check Lists, etc. (also see Official CNCS Forms)
- Other Resources
- Books, Handbooks, Manuals
- General Financial Management (Policies, Procedures, Manuals, Guidelines)
- Internal Controls (Conflict of Interests, Delegations of Authority, Separation of Duties, etc)
- Property Management
- Purchasing & Procurement
- Records Retention
- Staff Time Sheets (Records, Allocation, Payroll)
- Financial - Statements, Systems, Surveys, IRS Form 990
- Audits (OIG, A-133 and other) and Findings (also see Common Issues & Pitfalls)
- Members and Volunteers (Benefits, Costs, Records, Requirements, Time Sheets)
- Subgrants, Site Management, and Monitoring
- Common Issues and Pitfalls (also see Audits)
- Criminal History Checks
- Grants (eGrants, Recovery Grants, Fixed Amount Grants)
- Laws, Rules, Regulations, Grant Provisions
- OMB Requirements and Circulars
- Risk Assessment
- Cash Management, Payments (Draw Downs, Payment Mgmt. System, Reimbursements)
- Cost Allocation Plans, and Indirect and Administrative Costs
- Costs, Cost Principles, Expenses, and Fundraising
- Financial Reports, FFR, Program Income
- Match (Cash and In-Kind)