Baby Boomers represent a highly talented and highly motivated segment of the population that can help solve some of our most challenging social problems. Find ways to support communities by capturing the talents, skills, energy, and experience of Baby Boomers to meet local and national needs. Following is a list of some of our most relevant resources for this topic area.
- More to Give: Tapping the Talents of the Baby Boomer, Silent and Greatest Generations – a report from Civic Enterprises finding that tens of millions of Baby Boomers appear ready to increase their civic participation in retirement.
- Boomer Recruitment Tip Sheet (DOC)
- Who are the Boomers? (DOC)
- Ask the Expert: Andrea S. Taylor, Ph.D. – Recruiting Baby Boomer Volunteers
- Making the Connection: SaYES to Intergenerational Service-Learning
- Utilizing Volunteers as Project Leaders
Online Library Items
- The Boomers Are Here! A Station Training Toolkit
- Great Expectations: Boomers and the Future of Volunteering
- Keeping Baby Boomers Volunteering: A Research Brief on Volunteer Retention and Turnove
- 50+ Volunteering: Working for Stronger Communities
- Baby Boomers and the New Age of Volunteerism